gebrodie

New User - Roof / Ceiling Detail

Hello, I am trying to add a boxed raised ceiling/roof section across the whole house. ceilings are 10' and I want to add a section 14' high with windows to bring light into the house. Flat roof design as well. The raised box would be 48" wide 48" high and full length of the house. Like the photo is shown below.

Raised Ceiling : Roof.png

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Make that space a room and raise the ceiling, or create an Open Below room on the/an upper floor.

I did the floor method, but you cannot see the floor below to align-items. It is a real mess, floors and ceilings aren't connecting, etc. Now I have all these joists showing on the drawing and I don't know how to get rid of them or turn it off?

On the first day using this, do I upload the whole actual Home Design File or just layouts or screenshots of the plan?