Floating Ceiling and lighting

Donco15

Hi Guys

I am trying embark on creating a floating ceiling in a plan.  I know that it is possible.. I used the soffit tool - Yay.. Made the ceiling...

Question 1: How do I create a rope light effect up top - like in pictures below - and have light illuminating that is non white - say RGB..

Question 2:  I have used the soffit tool for regular rectangles - How do I create one that is not a rectangular shape?  Note:  I thought that I would just use the circles in the cad tools but that does not seem to be the case for it to show in the design... 

Question 3:  Is it possible to show a ceiling like in the kitchen picture below? This creates a nice illumination of drama in  a kitchen. 

Thanks in advance for your help in pointing me in the right direction...

D-

floating ceiling  round 1 - living room.PNG

floating ceiling 1 - kitchen.PNG

floating ceiling 3 various shapes different LED lights.PNG

1 hour ago, Donco15 said:

Question 1: How do I create a rope light effect up top - like in pictures below - and have light illuminating that is non white - say RGB..

Chief Architect Premier now has a rope light tool, I do not know if Home Designer Pro has that tool or not. You can currently adjust the color of any light source in any Home Designer or Chief Architect software

How do I create one that is not a rectangular shape?  Note:  I thought that I would just use the circles in the cad tools but that does not seem to be the case for it to show in the design..

You cannot in Home Designer alone, you would have to make a custom symbol in SketchUp and then import as a symbol into Home Designer

Question 3:  Is it possible to show a ceiling like in the kitchen picture below? This creates a nice illumination of drama in  a kitchen. 

to a degree, you could place shaped soffits and assign a material to them and then using the "Properties Tab" to make that material highly emissive (light emitting)

DJP