Shed Dormer Question

Acesalad

I am trying to recreate a house to show how it would look updated.  It is a Cape with a shed dormer.  I followed the knowledge base article on creating a shed dormer, but as you can see in the picture, the back wall of the shed dormer is a continuation of the first floor back wall and in my design the walls are separate.  I cannot figure out how to make these the same wall.  I am using Home Designer Pro 2019.

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

ht1.thumb.jpg.d6b16d21263f32803e9a40a5cac5e35a.jpg

This is all auto built. Think about how you control auto roofs -- they build over walls, and the wall height is controlled by the ceiling height.

Here you can see the room I created on the 2nd floor, which has a 1-1/2" ceiling, and how its ceiling height is raised. I changed the pitch on the outside wall shown selected above.

ht2.thumb.jpg.7f010399ecf6de20a008cd28ca3e65bf.jpg

Since you already have most of what you need, you can manually change the roof to give the look you want, and simply move the outside wall over the one below.

You won't need the roof hole if you do this. You can break the roof plane at 2 points along the lower edge, then drag the center part up forming a C shape surrounding the dormer, or grab the edge of the roof and pull it across forming on side, then copy it and reflect about the center to place the roof on the opposite side.