Automatic Heights

Sylynn

Hello,

I am trying to manually change the riser height of a staircase, however that option seems to be greyed out. I've looked in the help section as well as searched the forums here, and both have indicated I need to uncheck "automatic heights". The problem is, I don't seem to have this option. 

Thanks in advance

Stair DBX.JPG

In order to obtain full manual control over stair objects, you would have to upgrade to Home Designer Pro or Chief Architect Interiors or Chief Architect Premier. I am sorry but that is the Truth of the matter.   Architectural costs what it costs and does what it does.  All you can do with Architectural is to vary and or lock the "Tread Depth" and then add or subtract treads       

With Pro, Chief Interior and Chief Premier you can manually set the bottom and top height as well as lock "Tread Depth", add and subtract treads manually, it does make a big difference with Stairs.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     DJP

That's a shame. I get that each of the less expensive titles will have their limits, but it's quite annoying for it to come with a help file that doesn't indicate those limits, but rather tells you to do something you can't.

Ah well... Thanks for the response!

On 11/10/2018 at 11:35 AM, Jo_Ann said:

However, you will find that if you compromise just a little bit, you can come really close to what you want.

image.thumb.png.e3d500a87593a06406b02376ee95bc15.png

How did you manage this? No matter what I do, I can't get the riser height to change