RudyMila

Error in side ridges while producing a roof plane.

I am getting this message both when creating enclosed rooms, as well as when deleting walls. What does it mean, and what should I do?

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

5 minutes ago, RudyMila said:

What does it mean, and what should I do?

There is a problem with the roof.

Post your plan file (close Home Designer first) and images. 

Hello, 

Thank you for letting me know! I have watched a bunch of youtube and training videos, and I have looked at the knowledge base. Sadly I have not found anything useful. I run home designer suite 2019. I have attached the file and pictures below

Home Designer Issues.plan

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 2.00.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 2.02.10 PM.png

Is your roof correct? Where do the stairs go?

The stairs were going nowhere, but even when I added a second floor the error message popped up.

If there is a 2nd floor, add it before working on the roof.

I appreciate the quick response! Sadly I did add the second floor before the roof, so I am not quite sure where the issue is coming from. 

I thought that moving the small building away from the house would resolve the issue, but evidently the roof on the small building IS the problem.

Reduce the depth of the overhang on all the walls of that building, and the error goes away.

The house roof rebuilt with no issues, so you must have done something else.

Hello again. I greatly appreciated the help from before! Sadly, as I tried to build a similar home, the same issue happened again! What do you all think of this? I am extending a circular wall out and over two straight walls that originally formed a corner. 

Screwed up roof.plan

5b5bb3714ce85_ScreenShot2018-07-27at8_06_02PM.thumb.png.91d9d445ff94d32e3f7a9f9433c49f8d.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 8.05.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 8.06.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 8.02.55 PM.pngnote that this photo is incorrect, i tried to delete it but it wouldn't delete from the post

Also note that when the circle is smaller (like in the picture below) no error message occurs.

5b5bb5a27ad0d_ScreenShot2018-07-27at8_14_55PM.thumb.png.20a48f517ae4965a675117b9d59d06b4.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 8.14.55 PM.png

Knowing that the extremely angled walls caused a roof error code on the small building, do you not see what you changed on this house plan revision?

Honestly, I am a bit lost. The program is very new to me and for some reason I am at a loss. 

Although I do see that the walls are less angled, I am a bit confused as to what having a sharp angle does to cause an error to the program.

Compare the 2 floor plan images you posted.

You changed the circular wall.

You would have to ask the technical people on a support ticket for that answer.

It is what it is.

You need to fix the circular wall, and then (like solver said) you need to build the 2nd floor. 

That may present some new problems.  :D