Countertop overhang culling

IngeJones

In HD Architectural 2019 I am using a cabinet with a 600mm left side countertop overhang to emulate my real life custom steel worktop/sink combo.  This overhang is *supposed* to span over adjacent cabinets, but every time I get the sink cabinet near to the one it's meant to be next to, the countertop overhang vanishes.  Is there a way to suppress this behaviour?

image.thumb.png.af02f148b113b3752b6df7f15e73d84b.png    image.thumb.png.b01a8cec1ee477db7b35e01337395c2d.png

Edited by IngeJones

Will the custom countertop "stick" to the relevant base unit that the sink is attached to?  And will the sink cut it?  The reason I went for the overhangs was due to the ability to have them overhang by the precise amount and move with the cabinet and sink.  You see I am still pulling objects around a lot trying to work out a good layout, so it's handy to have it as overhangs like this

Yeah it's just not as precise as typing in the measurements for overhang - trying to line everything up by eye.   Ok what I will probably do while I am creating layout is keep the overhang - culled or not - then when I am finally happy with the layout will make the custom one to look right.  Thanks both of you, I thought it was just me not knowing how to turn off culling, but it seems we're stuck with it :)

Hmm I am experimenting with the custom countertops, but drop-in sinks drop down to the level of the (now topless) units looking like undermounted ones.  They cut the worktop but then forget its there and once you have the sink sitting over the cabinet you can't raise the height of the sink it seems.

As Eric said, YOU control the size of the custom countertop.

First, remove the side countertop overhang on the cabinet.  Draw a custom countertop.  Select it and zoom in to see the width, then select the width numbers, and change them to your desired size.  Then move the countertop tight to the cabinet, and block it.  You can select either the cabinet or the custom countertop at any time (without unblocking it) by hitting the 'tab' key.

You only need to add the custom countertop to the side of the cabinet, NOT the entire cabinet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IngeJones said:

but drop-in sinks drop down to the level of the (now topless) units looking like undermounted ones. 

If you remove the countertop from a cabinet, then cover it with a Custom Countertop, sinks will work like this.

As a workaround, make the cabinet countertop material Opening No Material. This makes the countertop invisible, but it's still there so the program places the sink correctly. Shown on the right.

ht1.thumb.jpg.7b8cd780846490642e904c2cb70f9d00.jpg

• Like 1