Roof Purlins for a Pole Barn Structure

HandyRan

Hello team,

I recently upgraded to Home Designer Pro 2019. That being said I'm I process of designing a Pole Barn structure for a customer and I need to add Purlins to the trusses for roof structure as required by local building code. Because Pole Barns can have a 4' span on Truss installs you are typically required to add a horizontal 2 x 4 called a Purlin. I've attached a picture of the local requirements and also my Cross Section where I need to add them. I've tried adjusting roof blocking and roof beam but don't seem to be able to make one of those work. I will admit I'm a new user, but it would seem that one of these two should be able to make work.

PurlinsSB.png

PurlinsFairway.png

The program lacks a defined way of adding these. It's been requested many times.

The simple solution is to create a detail like is shown in your first image. You can add thickness to your roof planes so they show in the correct spot. Draw the purlins with CAD lines.

• 4 years later...
On 5/4/2018 at 10:46 AM, solver said:

The program lacks a defined way of adding these. It's been requested many times.

The simple solution is to create a detail like is shown in your first image. You can add thickness to your roof planes so they show in the correct spot. Draw the purlins with CAD lines.

Has this been changed since OP?