Break wall - new wall definition?

Bill98502

I'm trying to start a new wall at 90 degrees from another - and the new wall must have a different definition from the first. This is an addition to an existing house, so the addition will have walls of a different type (definition).

I tried to use a break so that I could begin the new wall with a different definition. But it seems that this changes all the wall, , not just the new one.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Bill Wells

Home Design Architectural

Widows 7

Bill,

You may want to go into the default settings under wall types and create a new wall type with that definition. You can then draw any further walls with that definition. If you are changing the default settings, it reads that as the overall wall type you want for all of the walls in that family (exterior,interior, etc.). I hope that makes sense?

• Upvote 1

Thank you Keith, yes that was my problem. I must have been changing default settings, as all walls, old and new changed. 

But I followed Eric's advice and got it right finally.

Hey, I'm the rookie now, been using Home Designer Architectural for about four days. But my first drafting class was in 1958.

Appreciate everyone's patience.

I have a "master" file that I start my designs from and keep a few different wall types in it so when I am designing a project, I can select the wall type I need instead of creating one for every project. Great for addition jobs to define which are existing and new walls. Helps speed things along and may be something to keep in mind if you find yourself doing more projects.