Sign in to follow this  
fiedler

Exterior wall materials don't change, roof issues.

New user of Home Designer Architectural 2015. Designing a simple shed.

1. I define wall exterior materials for each wall.

2. I go to a 3D view

3. Some walls don't change and stay with a previous selection.

I select the wall and make sure the exterior siding matches what I selected and it is OK, but one or more 3D view walls revert back to a previously selected color.

What am I doing wrong?

I want to create a simple open gable roof, but the program won't let me and keeps creating a hip roof.

I finally got it to create a gable roof, but then I made a wall height change to 8 ft, and now I have a jerkenhead roof I can't change

If I select a roof style, it takes me to a help function instead of creating the roof style I selected. What's up with that?

its hard to visualize what your saying without viewing the plan.  Please post a copy of your plan for review so someone can see if they can mimic what your viewing.

Tell us how you are building this. What you have modeled is unusual.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

uncheck  upper pitch, that will give you a full gable wall.

If you want different materials for each wall, simply choose the material and apply, using the material painter tool.

Use either Object (O) or Component ©, do not use F or P