how to show ceilings

tomvec

I am simply trying to draw a bathroom- with a ceiling. NOT an entire house. everything I read says go to room configuration. the entire drawing is a room. I can't find a room tab that should allow me to change wall and ceiling heights and angles.

Once you have a room defined, click anywhere in the room not on another object, and the entire room will be selected.

You may then Ctrl-E, or right click and choose Open Object.

You could also just double click in the room to open the Room Specification dialog.

Look under Structure on the left.

-- Eric

turns out the problem was I had 3 walls and an opening for a door. The program would not recognize the drawing as an item until I closed the gap for the door. Then I was able to select the drawing as an item. Thanks much. Now the problem is I can't get the ceiling line to follow the wall line. That is the ceiling in the drawing is flat but I need it to be sloped. any ideas?

let us know what software you are using or add it to our signature please

but basically in HD the ceiling is part of the Roof structure so you must build the Roof to the shape/slope you need and then turn off the flat ceiling by unchecking "ceiling over this room" in the room dbx so the ceiling will then follow the roof slope . for a one slope ceiling create a SHED roof over the room ,then turn of the flat ceiling.

Building the Sloped Roof also builds the sloped wall automatically as the walls are controlled by the Roof, you don't need to try to slope the walls manually.

If you don't want to see the roof shape in Views ,use Display Options to turn them off afterwards.