Panning with cursor keys has changed... is this just a setting?

cobalt_greg

I recently upgrade from HD Suite 2014 to HD Pro 2015 and I am just getting used to things.  One of the things that I have not been able to get used to, or that still annoys me is that in HD Suite 2014, the cursor keys always controlled panning.  Now, in HD Pro 2015, if you have an object selected, the cursor keys will move that object, rather than pan the view.  Is this a setting that is buried somewhere that I can change.  I really hate this behavior.  The workaround is as simple as hitting the escape key to 'drop' the selected object before panning, but I am constantly panning and zooming all over the drawing and having to reach across the keyboard for the escape key and then back to the cursor keys is very annoying.  More annoying is when I inadvertently move a wall or other object or worse I move something and don't realize that I have done it...

I rather like that particular behavior which is exactly the same in Chief Premier but to each his own. I always use arrow keys to pan the screen and when an object is selected you can then use arrow keys to move that selected object (Honestly, I cannot even remember how long ago this change was made in Premier, it was missing in HD Pro older versions).

My advise is to move on, get used to the tools provided, change is often thought of with low affinity by those it is new to, there is and has been a "Pan tool", why don't you practice with that and see if you like how it works (I almost never use it but it is there and personal preference should rule your own operating procedures).

DJP

I pan around the various camera views (e.g., plan view, floor camera view, backwall section view, etc.) while holding down the middle mouse button and dragging the cursor across the screen.  If you have a programmable mouse with lots of extra buttons, you can reassign the middle mouse button to a more convenient one (on PCs, the usual default is a click of the scroll wheel, which may or may not be convenient).

Perhaps give it a try?

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Greg , yes I believe you can , I only have Pro 10 (2009?) and I have the settings I think you want, but suspect the default changed in Pro 2015 ,

it is on the 3D menu

move camera with mouse

or

move camera with Arrow Keys

post-25-0-79906800-1405672958_thumb.png