how do you rotate wing of floor plan at specific angles

etefonori

I'm using HD Suite 2015 and I have a floor plan that has a wing that is at an odd angle from the remainder of the building. How can I rotate this part of the floor plan by specific angles (would like to pick a pivot point and rotate 1 degree at a time)

post-2612-0-53604900-1452790237_thumb.png

Home Designer Pro 2016 should allow this action. In detail what I am referring to is in Pro you can use the "Edit Area" tool to select the entire model all floors and then move the entire model in 1 degree increments (the entire model not just a wing of it) using Pro's "Transform-Replicate tool" that has an input called "rotate" and other behaviors. If you are trying to rotate the home to align with a "North Pointer" it is easier to set the "North Pointer" to the existing house model rather than rotating the house model to align with an arbitrary "North". The same is true for setting a terrain plane that emulates one's property lines (you rotate the property lines [terrain plane] and not the house model and its walls).

If you would share your purpose with us, then better advice could then follow as well.

You could shift-select just the wing walls and use the "Transform-Replicate" tool to "Rotate" just those selected walls in Home Designer Pro but after rotating those walls, they would then manually have to be realigned and connected to the rest of the house's walls. Rotating the entire model is NOT RECOMMENDED because that action causes a lot of other annoying problems of "off angles" making dimensioning harder to accomplish and other non-optimum situations. You are better off leaving the majority of walls in the classic "north-south" of the plan view screen.

DJP

David said it best, He even gave the HOW and WHY for the issue at hand, If you are a HD Pro user.

In Suite you cannot do it that way, You will have to manually rotate each wall even if you use CAD lines.

As an alternative, you can simply delete the problem area and redraw to how you want it.