Distorted 3d images

MFDChief

Hi,

VERY new user so excuse me if this has been discussed.  I have been using Sketchup for a few years and have a fairly good handle on it and thought it was time to learn something new.  When I create a simple rectangular structure in HDP 2016, add a roof and then view it in 3d, it looks distorted.  For example one wall appears shorter than another but when I orbit around it seems to vary in which element is distorted.  I am questioning my hardware but when I create the very same model in Sketchup, everything appears plumb and square.

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

Home Designer Pro 2016

Here is a quick example of what I am referring to.  To me the roof almost appears as a slight trapezoid.  I know its not but it looks that way to me.  As I mentioned I don't get that appearance in Sketch up so I wanted to make sure that I don't have a hardware problem of some sort.    If this is normal then no problem. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mark

post-4628-0-87367700-1446925661_thumb.jpg

Are you using the 'full camera' instead of  'full perspective' camera? 

Orbiting with the full camera will produce distortion.

Vertically tile the 2d window and the 3d window.  Then (in the 2d window) grab the camera handles and move it to where needed.

Usually no distortion this way, and you can still view the 3d.  :)