Flat Roofs with center Gable Roof

rmarcant

I'm trying with no luck to create a patio cover with 2 flat angled roofs on the ends of this 50 ft. wide house and the center area a gable roof. Every time I set the gable section of the wall and build the roof, it moves the house roof out to the end of the patio cover. I've separated the side flat roof areas I want as separate rooms and tried everything I know to set the wall roofs on all 4 corners but nothing works. I've tried to manual build a roof but that just builds the flat roof into the roof that moved out from the house edge to the patio cover edge. Any ideas? I've added an example of what I want.

Home Designer Pro 2023

Build 24.3.0.84

IMG_6607.jpeg

KarenRenee-Layout.jpg

Roof-work1.jpg

KarenRenee-3D-Existing.jpg

From what I can tell Jo-Ann, it's the lower pitched roofs on either side of the gable he has over the entryway? This will be best done with manual roofs. Delete the "roof over room" for the front porch, then auto rebuild the roof so it just covers the house. Then build the rest of the roof manually and DON'T turn "auto rebuild roofs" back on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2024 at 2:46 PM, rmarcant said:

I'm trying with no luck to create a patio cover with 2 flat angled roofs on the ends of this 50 ft. wide house and the center area a gable roof. Every time I set the gable section of the wall and build the roof, it moves the house roof out to the end of the patio cover. I've separated the side flat roof areas I want as separate rooms and tried everything I know to set the wall roofs on all 4 corners but nothing works. I've tried to manual build a roof but that just builds the flat roof into the roof that moved out from the house edge to the patio cover edge. Any ideas? I've added an example of what I want.

Home Designer Pro 2023

Build 24.3.0.84

The Gable Porch entrance extends further forward than the other other exterior walls. "Flat angled roof" is a pefectly acceptable description, and any experienced architect would know exactly what you mean and how to incorporate it. Unfortunately, the easiest is to manually build those roofs, because its probably beyond HD Pro's capabability to autobuild, but even if you purchased premier, you'd still have to manually build it.