"Cannot find the floor above the stairs in which to place the stairwell"

TCWorley

Start a new plan.

Draw four walls creating a room large enough to contain your stair.

Build a 2nd floor taking the defaults.

Back to the 1st (ground) floor, select the stair tool and click to place the stair. 

Move the stair so it's in the room if not already.

With the stairs selected, click the build stairwell tool.

Did you work through the steps I outlined above? Did everything work -- no error message? If so, how does the problem plan differ, or what are you doing differently?

The error message "Cannot find the floor above the stairs in which to place the stairwell" is telling you the problem.

If you are unable to figure out the problem, attach the plan file. 14MB size limit and the plan cannot be open in the program. Zip if needed.

For many questions, attaching the plan file is the quickest way to get an answer.

It's also important to say what program you are using. Pro 2024, Suite 2020 etc.

14 hours ago, TCWorley said:

I get this error message no matter what I try. I am attempting to put the stairs on the ground floor, to the 2nd floor and none of the Knowledge Base solutions are working for me.

Anyone had this issue?

Place the staircase on the bottom floor and then create make stairwell. As long as there is a room that is defined directly above your staircase then it will create the stairwell. This cannot be on an attic level, it needs to be a floor above a floor with the staircase on the lower floor