How do I "solidify" rooms?

nshahid

This question relates to Home Designer Architectural 2020.

The attached picture shows two rooms, a bedroom and a bathroom. How do I stop my camera from showing the inside of walls? Is it a rendering option, or do I need to do something to every surface?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to move around the house as if it were a first-person game ie. you hit a wall, you (or your camera) can't go beyond it. As an alternative, it would be ok to move directly from one room to the next (say if my camera happens to move to the adjoining wall, but I don't want to see all the layers inside the wall, or the ceiling)

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2024-08-13 174727.png

On 8/13/2024 at 10:27 AM, nshahid said:

This question relates to Home Designer Architectural 2020.

The attached picture shows two rooms, a bedroom and a bathroom. How do I stop my camera from showing the inside of walls? Is it a rendering option, or do I need to do something to every surface?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to move around the house as if it were a first-person game ie. you hit a wall, you (or your camera) can't go beyond it. As an alternative, it would be ok to move directly from one room to the next (say if my camera happens to move to the adjoining wall, but I don't want to see all the layers inside the wall, or the ceiling)

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2024-08-13 174727.png

Poche fill is not available in your software version. With a 3dconnexion mouse you can more around the house with camera bumps into walls checked as an option. This is also an option for right mouse only movements but you would need to know how to move your mouse for this effect to happen. So short answer is no, you can not have solid wall fill through a camera section cut

On 8/14/2024 at 7:20 PM, Renerabbitt said:

Poche fill is not available in your software version. With a 3dconnexion mouse you can more around the house with camera bumps into walls checked as an option. This is also an option for right mouse only movements but you would need to know how to move your mouse for this effect to happen. So short answer is no, you can not have solid wall fill through a camera section cut

Thank you for your response.

Could you explain what you mean by right mouse only movements?

Thanks.