Gable Roof Assistance Please

Kristine

Hi all. I usually focus on interior decoration concepts so in general roofs aren't a huge factor for me. That said, interiors with custom ceiling planes, etc. do hold importance to some of my plans. But, due to the fact I don't practice working with roofs often I always find getting them right a very frustrating practice! At the moment I am trying to create a windowed gable over this kitchen as per the plans. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

23020-TP-2-1_merged (7).pdf

I can't attach the file. I keep getting this error: "1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 14MB, and was skipped". It's a very basic plan at this stage (barely any custom materials or models) so I'm a bit unsure how to make it smaller.

8 hours ago, Kristine said:

I can't attach the file. I keep getting this error: "1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 14MB, and was skipped". It's a very basic plan at this stage (barely any custom materials or models) so I'm a bit unsure how to make it smaller.

I dont think I have file size limitations in my forum, go ahead and post it there and I can check it out and ill post the answer back here. click on the image in my signature

7 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I dont think I have file size limitations in my forum, go ahead and post it there and I can check it out and ill post the answer back here. click on the image in my signature

Thanks. Will do.

Hi @Kristine, here are a couple of training videos to help you achieve your design requirements.

For creating gable roof conditions and for angled windows or glazing.

Hope these help ?

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/2239/using-the-gable-roof-line-tool.html?playlist=201

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/2300/creating-angled-windows.html?playlist=200

3 hours ago, mthd97 said:

Thank you. I have watched multiple tutorials and I still struggle to get them right for my particular applications. That said, it does help to rewatch the instructional videos as my understanding improves. Cheers.

14 hours ago, Kristine said:

Thank you. I have watched multiple tutorials and I still struggle to get them right for my particular applications. That said, it does help to rewatch the instructional videos as my understanding improves. Cheers.

see video:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

see video:

Effective method @Renerabbitt, @Kristinewould also like a triangular window in that gable as well. That video posted above has a normal window that follows the roof pitch that can also be edited further to the desired shape.

Must be time to turn on the aircon in California. 

How many Californians does it take to put a window in a gable ? 3, one to put in the window and the rest to share in the experience man ! :D