Default settings do not match

FACES_Constr

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Home Designer Pro 2024 Build 25.3.0.77 Windows 64-bit

I noticed in my 3D rendering that I had chip board for a ceiling and floor. From reading a post in the Q&A forum, I found the issue was my floor and ceiling heights were set to 0". Changing this to anything above 0" fixed this easy enough, but my question is:

Why are my default values not applied, further, why is default acting like it is zero?

See "default" image for what floors and ceiling thickness should be. See "Room Default Wrong" for how default is checked and it is set to 0". See "Room Default Mismatch" for how when I type the numbers in to match the intended default, the default box is not checked (when I check it, number reverts to 0"). New rooms drawn separate from the existing floor plan (off in the white space), also have the incorrect default setting of 0".

The file is too big to attach. I posted a copy here if you want to see it (link expires 9/30/2024): 104-106 Walpole Ln - Copy.plan

I created the file like this: I started with a previously completed duplex I created as the base file. Saved it under a different name. Deleted all drawn content using delete floor tool. I saved this as my template. I reopened the previous duplex and copied the entire main floor (single story). I pasted into the new file, built the foundation, and built the roof.

My opinion is I have done something wrong, but I just don't know what it is. I do realize I should have just started with the first file and saved it as a new name, but I have invested several hours on the new file now. I can copy the changes over manually, but just thought I would reach out to see if anyone knew what I did wrong or if this is actually a software glitch (unlikely, I suspect I am missing something obvious).

Thanks in advance for any help or direction,

Brian

Room Default Mismatch.png

Default.png

Room Default Wrong.png

• Solution
1 hour ago, FACES_Constr said:

The file is too big to attach.

Try to make it smaller by deleting everything but the structure. Then zip it -- just the plan file, don't do a Full Backup.

What does this say? Defaults are not very well thought out and can sometimes be confusing.

Image is from Chief Premier so things might look a bit different.

ht1.thumb.png.41e616ed32838d5badc48f4cd12d310a.png

1 hour ago, y-g-m-n said:

What type of room is it?

This can have effect on defaults values.

Example garage have floor thickness at 0 so it is just the slab.

That is a good point, I forgot to mention I tried different values there. Currently the room type is "unspecified" but whatever I changed it to did not impact the result.

8 hours ago, solver said:

Try to make it smaller by deleting everything but the structure. Then zip it -- just the plan file, don't do a Full Backup.

What does this say? Defaults are not very well thought out and can sometimes be confusing.

Image is from Chief Premier so things might look a bit different.

ht1.thumb.png.41e616ed32838d5badc48f4cd12d310a.png

The 1st floor defaults were in error and overriding the room defaults. Once I checked the default box in the image below, the room defaults were as expected and new rooms drawn had the intended default floor and ceiling. Additionally, I don't even have to go update every room in the drawing, since default was checked already, everything now has a floor and ceiling. Thanks for the help! I will try the small file method next go around!

Brian

1st floor defaults.png