Roof Design help

JasonSJ

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

I am trying to create what should be a simple roof to create a valley that would intersect the exterior wall 'mid wall, not at the corner. Using Wall Specification, and "Wall Break"  I have one section of a wall "Full Gable Wall" and the other "Hip". I got one side (the left side) to work, but have tried several different options and can not get the right side to match having a valley/transition from Hip to Gable (see arrow). I am new to Home Designer. Thank you in advance for any advise.

2636PlansSmallOpen.plan

• Solution

I looked at your file. What version of Home Designer do you have? Only if you have Pro will you be able to accomplish this roof geometry I believe. The auto roof generator is not really "automatic" but rather a mechanical routine with boundaries.

DJP

David, just to make sure I understood, I now have "Home Designer Architectural 2022", I do not seem to have the same options to edit the roof  in 3D view as you have shown. To do this will I need to upgrade to the Pro version? Can this be done with Home Designer, or would I need Chief Architect?

• 1 month later...
Just now, SillySally said:

Was there an older version of Home Designer Architectural that could manually edit roofs?

Also, that have the ability to create and edit floor and roof framing plans?

I was using an older Home Designer software version (that was not Pro) and was able to manually edit roofs (build roof planes) and create framing plans. I just bought my own 2024 HD Architectural and have lost the abilities (mentioned above) and more with the latest version of Architectural 2024.