Layer Display Options, it is important

DavidJPotter

2 hours ago, Robborito said:

Could you redo this demo using Home Designer please?

Thanks.

Jeff, my main point is that although they look the same, they are not the same in function. I have seen many posts here and elsewhere by confused users who simply do not know this datum. I think pointing it out is enough, to get people to look and think.

DJP

Each type of camera view (cross section, doll house etc.), and plan view, have a unique layer set associated with it.

The individual layers within the layer set control if the layer is locked, and visibility, color, line weights, and text style for objects on the layer.

The Layer Display Options dialog simply gives you access to the current layer set.

There is only one Layer Display Options dialog, but there are multiple Layer Sets, and Layer Display Options will display the layer set associated with the active view.

The take away is, that if you make a change via Layer Display Options, it only applies to the current view type, and will change all views of that same type.

In Plan view, you turn off the display of base cabinets. In a Doll House view, they will still display.

Take two Doll House views, turn off the display of wall cabinets while in one of those views, then switch to the other, and wall cabinet display will be off there too. Switch back to Plan view, and wall cabinets will be displayed.

What I want to clarify is, it's the Layer Set that is controlling things, and that Layer Display Options is how you access that layer set. 

You can see the layer set you are working with, but because Home Designer lacks the ability to create or assign new layers and layer sets, it does not really matter.

1533531676_ht2.thumb.png.2d060601c85cfd4f3931b609f7400c50.png

ht1.thumb.png.56f1156b5f5e55bedd03907e93151326.png

• Like 1