Building a stove alcove, but my studs are showing

Janetcrouch

Go to solution Solved by solver,

So, I'm designing a stove alcove that has cabinets underneath it. So, it doesn't go to the floor, but sits on the countertop. I had no idea how to do this, but I used pony walls and raised them off the floor. That might not be best way to do it, so I'm completely open to suggestions. The problem I'm having with doing it this was, is that for some reason, the studs are not covered with drywall on the ends of the wall. And this is happening only part way up. It's so strange. I'm not sure what I have done or not done to cause this. I did change the wall width to 8" because I wanted to create some little niches inside for spices, oils etc. Any ideas? I have tried redrawing it also and it doesn't change.

I attached a couple of pictures. I'm not sure if the plan file is too big to attach.

Stove alcove 3D.jpg

Remodel 5 floorplan.jpg

Well, fortunately, I just saved it again and I clicked back over to my camera view to send you a picture of how I fixed it after watching your video and I got the eternal spinning wheel again. Anyway, I did exactly what you showed me and it worked! It seems like I tried some of those things, but evidently not. It looks great now and is ready for me to finish up a couple of things to present to clients in the morning.Thank you so much for your help!

Fixed stove alcove.jpg