How many floor levels is it?

Robborito

How many floor level is possible in HDPro - 3 floor plans plus attic, and plus basement - or is it less. I can only seem to create one floor level plus attic and plus  basement…. Is there a tutorial on this. Is there a short answer please?

This attic space thing is new to me; Understanding the principles behind the space and functions is not clearly explained in the video demos for the software; So many buttons with unique functions also makes it unclear in most tool areas......especially roof tool/builder; s'pose turning some on, and then off again will indicate perhaps what it is these buttons actually do? The automatic operations (when activated correctly) - do so much. Thank you.

HD and Chief use a "Room" based paradigm on which everything is based and everything is a 3D OBJECT as opposed to a lot of CAD software which is based on Lines and Walsl ,so for those coming from other software you will have to think a little differently, but once you learn some of the concepts it will become more intuitive.  

I would download the Reference Manual PDF  and User Guide (Help Menu Links) and , save them to your Desktop and while doing the Tutorials in the User Guide ,have the Manual open and actively read different sections about the Tools available etc , and of course ask questions here when something needs clarifying as some stuff you'll only get by "doing it" and playing around , so set the Undo to 30 in the preferences so you can always step back if needed and don't "Play" with new technique on you Working Plan, do a "Save As" and play around on a copy of your working Drawing.

Mick.

Chief Inc. had at one time (back when the company name was ART) an employee whose major purpose was to write the manuals. She left the employ around version 9 or 10 and the manual has suffered ever since. This person was an extremely gifted individual who had a way with words that was eloquent and very clear, not leaving the reader scratching their head in confusion like so many who are very wordy using 25 cent words but never really say anything. Sounds impressive but is worthless.

The company would do well to find a similar person. It is easy enough for those of us here who have used the program for years but we cannot be completely objective in our explanations since we have gradually grown with the program and it's complexity. At one time modeling a house was easy if you understood construction. Very intuitive. Now days, not so much. Sometimes simple is best!

I must say that the female demonstrating the videos - is as you say - very clear, precise and is methodical in here demonstration. I guess this is the person you speak of perhaps.? I do come from a Cad and BIM background - and I have found on Youtube and elsewhere very good instructional info that has helped me assess HD Pro....its a really great program.

A pity I missed it earlier in my days having pains many 10 times its cost to date - over 16 years or so. (and beyond..)

Thanks for your input to my question. I am still experimenting with the trial version. there is allot to compare.