adjusting deck posts

AlanS7

In my design I wanted the deck roof to leave some sunshine on the ends. So when I build the deck the support posts don't 

line up with the roof posts to ceiling. In the orthographic view I can move the deck posts to line up with the post to ceiling manually.

The concrete post footings won't move. In the full cameras view I can move the concert pads diagonally but not sideways to line them up.

If I rebuild the floor it puts them out of line which does not look as good. I did split the railing at the end of the roof in to sections.

On a minor note I can't seem to get the landscape to be smooth under. the deck.

I've attached the plan.

I am drawing in Home Designer Pro 2022, build 23.4.1.8OSX

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 6.42.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 6.43.02 PM.png

21 main alt 21.plan.zip

Did you try moving the footings in plan view? Another option may be to put the post spacing at a dimension that is bigger than the deck. That will give you just the end posts. Then use the "post with footing" item and run the post from the ground up to the ceiling beam and make the ceiling beam out of a soffit or closed box.

Solved. that worked, kind of cumbersome though. I placed the post with footing, then deleted the post it came with and kept the original post. 

the post it came with would't line up quite exact.now I need to do another post to straighten out my landscape.

btw, I'm in the process of building the house so I'm making these design updates when they arise.

The posts look better lined up with the porch posts.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 9.07.44 AM.png