Invisible Wall Breaking Moulding

Kristine

Hi all. Is there a way to stop invisible walls breaking applied mouldings? I needed to define a room in order to alter the ceiling height so added invisible walls but one of them is breaking the base moulding in an adjoining hallway. The other invisible wall I added doesn't seem to be impacting anything. Thank you.

HD.jpg

• Kristine changed the title to Invisible Wall Breaking Moulding

Kristine, it appears the alignment of your invisible wall for room definition is misaligned.  I would first try to align the invisible wall according to the image I posted (A or B).  Based on your 3D view, it appears one area has a ceiling the other does not.  It that case an invisible wall takes on the properties of a 4” interior wall to correctly generate the attic walls above.  Aligning the invisible wall to the other ‘visible’ wall is preferably done to the wall’s main layer (“A” in the diagram).  It could be that issue as been resolved in a newer version (the plan I attached is Home Designer Pro 2023). 

Hope this helps!

room1.jpg

WALL.jpg

Room.plan

Hello Kristine, while I understand that this might be undesirable from a design standpoint, it is a normal condition that I have seen more than once (see the photo of almost the exact same condition in my current home. It’s just the upper wall bearing on top of the top plate of the lower wall. Hope this helps. 
David B. 

image.jpg