I get error when trying to add second sink to bathroom vanity

Don_Anderson

I just started using Home Designer Pro. I am transcribing a plan from a PDF into HDP for a house by an independent developer who said he would be willing to make some changes to the design. I want to use HDP to make these changes and send the developer a drawing of the changes.

I am trying to add a vanity with two sinks to the master bathroom. I made the vanity using a Base Cabinet from the library then I placed a vanity sink in it. When I tried to place the second vanity sink I got the attached error, namely "The fixture or appliance currently in this cabinet will be deleted to make way for the new fixture or appliance you are installing, OK?" with only Yes and No buttons. I have also attached a screen shot of the section of the plan showing this vanity.

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I'm doing this all wrong or maybe I'm just missing some way to add the second sink. I'm happy to remove the whole thing and start again if that means doing it the right way.

Thanks,

Don

post-2214-0-45976100-1426100168_thumb.jpg

post-2214-0-62061500-1426100168_thumb.jpg

Because you have Pro, you have the Custom Countertop tool.

Remove the countertop from the base cabinet (set its height to 0).

Draw a new countertop away from the cabinet and try to place a sink in it.

You will get a message, answer yes. Repeat for the second sink.

Now position the countertop over the cabinet.

Or, just use 2 cabinets as Kat suggested.

post-171-0-29874800-1426108859_thumb.jpg

or simply place the sink outside the cabinet ( answer yes to DBX)  and use the Ctrl key to move to the desired location after, you will need to reset it's height that is all as it will place outside a cabinet at 36" to the bottom , in a bathroom that should be closer to 30" usually .

we had this discussion here if you want more ideas too

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/341-inserting-two-lavatories-in-a-custom-triple-face-vanity/#entry2436

I did what Kat suggested. Looking at the dual sink cabinet in our current master bathroom I see that is what the builder did. There we have a cabinet for each sink with a thin cabinet between that has drawers.

Thanks to the others who answered. Now I have several ways I can go in the future.

Don