Material List, Wall Coverings

johnnydp

I was researching HomeTalk and came across a 2019 thread regarding similar issues that I am having.  I am a Home Designer Pro 2022 user.  I am too having difficulty building a room material list, especially regarding drywall.  I gather a lot of useful information from Solver replies.  Here is a response that you gave to a commenter:

Materials List calculated from a room is created for only the contents of that room: wall materials are not included. An object will be counted in the Materials List if its center point is located inside of the room

How then please tell,  do I get the program to calculate all the components of a selected room?

Review these options 

ht1.thumb.png.2035fd09b0eebb2ab0dec5eecf9057be.png

Sometimes you need to work with the tools available even when they do not do what you want. If you really need a single room, copy that room to a new plan, change the walls to ones with drywall only on one side.

As someone who hangs drywall, I'd do the takeoff manually. I'm working on a room addition now that will use a mix of 8' and 12' boards, some 48" wide, some 54". There are large windows and I'll use the cutouts from them. I don't think the software is smart enough to do what I can do.

Thank you Sir for your reply.  I will try your suggestion.  However, I am disappointed that I can't feel confident in the program's ability to generate a fairly reliable materials list - even for a small room.  It's issues like this (as well as others) that have caused me to hesitate, when I have entertained thoughts to upgrade to Chief Architect.   

Also, I will work to upgrade my signature block per your suggestion.