Guidance for starting a 10 acre design

docwisdom

I am looking at getting Chief Home Designer (Architectural or Professional) to put together a master plan for my 10 acre property.
We are working with a draftsman right now on the house plans, but they are far from complete.
I would like to start working in Chief on terrain, driveway, landscaping, etc but I don't want to make any stupid mistakes that would prevent me from placing the finished house design later on. I have heard there are some issues with rotation of the house plan and things of that sort.
What is the best way to start on my design and not run into these gotchas later? Is 10 acres way too big to put into one design? Should I split it up some way?

Thanks

You draw the structures in the "North-South of your computers desk top. That is why they have provided a "North Pointer" that you rotate relative to the buildings, you should NEVER rotate your structures. The Terrain tools are virtually identical in Chief Architect and Home Designer Architectural, so Any help articles or videos should be helpful and not mislead you. I suggest after each study session that you practice on a simple test plan to make sure you have duplicated and understood what you have studied. NEVER GUESS, always look, always study and practice FIRST before you mess up your plan file!

DJP