Change from Hip Roof to Gable Roof

mdag28

I am having difficulty changing one section of my roof from a hip to a gable roof.  I have attached the plan file and a screenshot of the particular planes.  I clicked on the 1st floor wall and then the icon to change to a gable, resulting in no change.  I was able to change this in the past, but I am unable to now.  I have two different roof pitches : 4" in 12" on the outdoor patio roof and 8" in 12" on the main house.  

Outdoor_space_2021_03_01.planroof.thumb.png.78d321794a391c2f2f7815fd4eb07b7d.png

Thank you for looking at my post.

I rebuilt the roof and see why you didn't...the roof blows up...I undid the roof rebuild and manually adjusted the roof planes to create the asked for gable...I set the wall to "balloon Thru" per Steve Nestors tip and removed the sub fascia...looked good to me

image.png

14201247_2021-03-0119_25_44-HomeDesignerPro2021.thumb.png.df962fa85b812286ed4591a56e7f02d7.png

Eric : I have Auto Rebuild Roofs turned off, but when I built it Auto Rebuild Roofs was on I believe.  When I did this the first time several days ago, I didn't have a problem changing it to a gable.  

I will try to manually rebuild as ricatic did.  I ended up manually building the roof on the covered outdoor patio so maybe I can get that to work.  Thank you for the quick response.

Update : Got it to work by manually building it.

27 minutes ago, mdag28 said:

Update : Got it to work by manually building it.

Auto build is easy.

1 hour ago, ricatic said:

I set the wall to "balloon Thru" per Steve Nestors tip

Probably does not matter in this case, but that's not the correct way to fix the problem.