Scale

DaveHicky

Hi all,

I am  importing  a location plan  ordnance survey 1:1250 dwg file 

It is 1:1  I want to draw over the top of the existing.  I thought that I would just be able to draw with wall tool  but the scale is total out between  the import and drawing tool , I have tried setting the right scale on sheets size but to no avail 

can any one help. Please 

I know I can import pdf and trace over top 

but would like to use dwg file 

Natively in AutoCAD and similarly, in Chief Premier & HD Pro, the plan view drawing scale is 1' = 1' or 1mm = 1mm. One can export directly from a plan view at the native scale of 1" = 1" but both Chief/Home Designer & AutoCAD can also export at a paper scale. In AutoCAD, you have what is called "Paper Space" where drawings are laid out for printing to a piece of paper. In Chief Premier/Home Designer you have a ".layout" file for the purpose of scaling drawings to fit on a piece of paper.

What I wish to point out is that exports from AutoCAD et al can be at "Real-World Scale" (1' = 1' ) or that same drawing could have been exported/shared from a layout file or Paper Space and thus arrive to you at an unknown scaling.

Wo what I do in such a case is to import the drawing. Then using Chief's/Home Designer's dimension tools to check the accuracy of the imported drawing. If too small you marquee-select the drawing import and then carefully calculate, based upon your measurements how much larger the drawing must be "resized" and then apply that "resize" factor to up-size the selected drawing using the "Transform-Replicate" dialog tool - "Resize" input box. Then by trial and error, checking your results each time with dimension tools until you get the proper scale applied to the imported drawing from AutoCAD.

DJP

HI David Thank you for you time and responce ,

I have managed to do the above now, its  all about knowing where to look for the right tool within the software .

Just a quick question do you know a work round to bring a external door Frame to the out side brickwork on cavity brickwork ,

so that would be 100mm brick x cavity fill 100mm x block 100mm

Regards Dave