Sign in to follow this  
vwexpert

Garage walls

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left.

As to your question. You could create a new wall type without the drywall, and use it for the garage walls.

Thanks Eric....somehow the forum lost my old signature info and shows me as a new member.

post the plan perhaps , too much guessing.....  perhaps messed up wall layers/wall definition , or material definition?

M.

I just tried it and only get the solid wood fill, no studs.

Looks like a limitation of the software.

Nope , try harder :)      ....... just joking,  you must be tired Eric....

post-25-0-57041500-1421648307_thumb.jpg

What's the most likely cause if you  "can't see something"  ???  especially if you "think" it should work.....

That's right ......turn on framing in the 3D view in display options  too.....               Every view type has it's OWN display settings DBX

I can see it is already on in the plan view in that pic of the DBX but you must enable it for the 3D view too and then rebuild the 3D   with F12.... 

worked for me....in Pro...with the drywall removed in the wall definition.

• Upvote 1

Ok...I went into Tools / Display Setting - put ck in Framing, walls. Hit the F12 button. Went into wall definition and removed inside sheet rock. Still have same problem.

Ok now I fixed it. I had to go into Build / Framing / Build Framing / Wall - the put check into Build Wall Framing - Ok - F12

Thanks Eric and Mick

Jim

post-1612-0-07461700-1421816634_thumb.jpg