Sign in to follow this  
HowdyYall

Adding grade beams under interior bearing walls

Simple question, I think, but I have been trying to figure out how to do this for over an hour so far: with a monolithic slab with footings around the exterior and grade beams under load bearing interior walls, how do I make the foundation plan reflect the load bearing interior walls? Do I have to just draw foundation walls under the 1st floor reference or can I make individual walls "foundation walls", which will show up in the right places on the foundation plan. I have tried both ways and neither seems quite right. The former shows up on the foundation plan, but I am not sure if is centered correctly, and the latter doesn't show up at all on the foundation plan.

This would be very useful to the way I read plans when I build houses.

Thanks,

Tyler <><

Running HDPro 2021.

*** I see you said Pro 2021 ***

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults