Sign in to follow this  
Foundations3D

Printing large home in Pro

I have a large home I am trying to print in 1/4 scale in pro but the home is not fitting on the 18 x 24 layout.  Can I access a traditional 2' x 3' layout so that I can fit the home on a print in 1/4 scale?

The latest version of Home Designer Pro 2021  has no restrictions relative to paper size, it can print natively up to 36X48. You need to upgrade to 2021 and your "problem" is then solved!

DJP

Wonderful!  Will this upgrade affect my current plan? Other than a few changes to windows and doors, the plan is done and I am nervous about doing any software changes right now.  Also, is there a cost to upgrade to 2021?

2 hours ago, Foundations3D said:

Also, is there a cost to upgrade to 2021?

Yes

2 hours ago, Foundations3D said:

Will this upgrade affect my current plan?

No

I can't find our last thread from just a few hours ago.  Anyhow, I have upgraded from pro 2020 to 2021 to be able to print a large home in 1/4 scale on a 24 x 26.  I believe I was limited to 18 x 24 in 2020 which I couldn't fit the large home on in 1/4 scale.  Anyhow, how do I now change my layout settings to show a 24 x 36?  I believe the 18 x 24 is still displayed on the layout.  Do I just click and drag the lines out to resize or is there somewhere I can select a 24 x 36 option for the layout.  I do see in export PDF where I can enlarge the print size but I am looking for the working layout page to be larger.

Long Leaf Main Floor.pdf

24 minutes ago, Foundations3D said:

Anyhow, I have upgraded from pro 2020 to 2021

Please update your signature.

25 minutes ago, Foundations3D said:

but I am looking for the working layout page to be larger.

Open a new layout, then File>Print>Drawing Sheet Setup

You will need to edit the linework on page 0.

12 minutes ago, Foundations3D said:

Thanks!

Any suggestions for decorative crossheads over windows and stones framing the arch top of a window, preferably with a keystone?  I am using a mantel top but not able to modify degree of arch like I can on a window by choosing the arch style and height.  Is there a catalog maybe?  Something I can manipulate more?  I tried adding a lintel but it doesn't let me set the material to stone.

Please start a new thread as this question is unrelated to your original, and delete your response above under Options so it does not get answered.

And your signature -- by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.