MauiMike

Upper cabinet next to a 90 degree wall adds a filler to join that 90 degree wall – how to avoid it?

I have a wall cabinet that I want to start a few inches away from the corner wall but as soon as I get within a few inches of that side wall the program adds a filler and joins the cabinet to the wall. How do I keep the program from adding this filler and leaving the upper cabinet a few inches from the wall as is.

Thanks.

Make a small cabinet to act as a filler. You will need to change the cabinet defaults to allow a reduced width.

Place the filler cabinet and size it, then bump the other cabinet against it.

ht1.thumb.png.98f61bc69c71bec3e20f530429462ac1.png

I created a filler cabinet, and I assume you meant that after placing the 'legit' cabinet beside it I should then delete the filler cabinet, but when I do so then the legit cabinet creates a 3" filler to connect itself to the nearby wall. (the reason I don't want a cabinet/filler by that wall is that it's right up a window and I need to allow some space for the window casing.

13 minutes ago, MauiMike said:

should then delete the filler cabinet

No -- as you found out, it needs to stay.

14 minutes ago, MauiMike said:

(the reason I don't want a cabinet/filler by that wall is that it's right up a window and I need to allow some space for the window casing.

A picture/drawing would help explain.

I want the upper cabinet to be 2.5" from the wall to avoid hitting the window casing, but the filler is automatically created whenever I get within a few inches from the wall.

Upper Cabinet Filler.PNG

Upper Cabinet Filler II.PNG

Look again at the image I posted above. The cabinet filler is tiny -- 1/8" deep, 1/8" high, and could be 1/16x1/16.

Placed back against the wall no one will see it.