Sign in to follow this  
davidstvz

Default font not applied to new rooms

I have a plan for which default fonts are still at defaults (all 6 text styles in the "default settings" dialog are using the Chief Blueprint font as they should).  However, when I create new rooms, or delete a label then restore it for a room (or delete and restore living area) Arial font at size 6" is used.  If I click the newly re/created label, I can edit the text style or instruct it to use the defaults.

Why are new labels being created without using the default settings?  How can I fix it?

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thanks, I just upgraded to HD Architecture 2021 from Interiors 2015.  The issue could arise from the transition as the file was originally created with HDi 2015.

This is what you see?

ht1.thumb.png.6abe67b446b4cef4244ee588cb204a87.png

Yes.  The Room Label Style is definitely just like that.  Again, if I click a label and "open object", I can select "Text Style" then click the box for 'Use Default Text Style: "Room Label Style"'

So I guess the problem is that the new labels, by default, aren't being created with this check box for using the default style checked.  It's kind of a weird catch-22.

What happens in a new plan?

New plan works fine, so it may be an issue with importing the HD Interiors 2015 plan.