Creating/Modifying Floor/Backsplash Tiles

sea_lyons

I've read through the knowledge base and watched a few videos but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

As an example, say I'd like to create 12x24 marble floor tiles in a herringbone pattern with charcoal grout. I've found a picture online of the texture I'd like to use (marble). I'm creating a new material, using that photo as my texture source and then modifying the pattern to Herringbone. In the preview and when applied to the floor, however, it does not appear in a herringbone pattern (or perhaps it is, but I can't tell because the grout lines are nonexistent). What am I doing wrong here? Is what I'm trying to do possible in Home Designer Pro? 

Another example, I have penny tile backsplash in my library however the tile colours and grout don't suit my needs. I've copy and pasted a penny tile to my User Catalog to be modified but I'm unable to change the grout colour independently of the tile colour. I'd like navy tile and white grout (which is how it appears in the preview on the left) but it shows up all navy in the 3D preview and when applied to the walls. 

I must be missing something here or going about this the absolute wrong way. I'd truly, truly appreciate a quick rundown of how to do this and/or for someone to point me in the direction of a video/knowledge base article that explains. Or to let me know if its even possible!

Many thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.23.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.24.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.31.31 PM.png

Start by reading about Textures and Patterns. 

A Texture is simply an image file and the program has no knowledge of its contents. You will need to find an image that matches your needs, or create/modify one in a program like Photoshop.

A Pattern is 2D and cannot be used to change a Texture.

As Solver has mentioned regarding Patterns, The Pattern doesn't influence the Texture. Patterns are displayed in rendering modes Vector and Technical, where as Textures are displayed in rendering modes Standard, Watercolor and Physically Based. I've created and attached a jpeg texture that you may find useful in your project.

herringbone_tile.jpg

Herringbone_Room.jpg

• Like 1