Sign in to follow this  
Buzzsaw827

Backsplash above cooktop & below hood

I would like to create a tile or stone backsplash covering the wall area above the kitchen cooktop and below the hood.  Please see the attached JPG picture of this kitchen area.  The backsplash will be a different material and larger of course than the backsplash used above the countertops and below the wall cabinets.  I will use a tile/stone from a Manuafacturer Catalog in the program library.

I haven't figured out how to apply the material to just this one small section of wall.  The program tends to want to apply the material to the entire kitchen wall.  I have looked for a solution in the self help Q&A section but can't seem to find the answer.  Your help is appreciated.

Buzzsaw827

Home Designer Architectural 2015

Windows 7 Pro

post-1302-0-81624700-1418655628_thumb.jpg

If you don't have a Custom Backsplash tool (found under the Cabinet tools) try a Soffit. It may be reshaped and covered with a material of your choice.

There are Shapes in the Library Browser.  Use a Closed box geometric shape resized to be very thin against the wall and apply the material you want to use to it.

Thank you solver & katalyst777.  I had not yet discovered the Custom Backsplash tool ... very handy!  That is what I used.  I've found that the Soffit tool also solves a variety of problems.  I will also play with the Shapes.

Thanks,

Buzzsaw827

Buzz -- If you will add your title (Suite, Pro etc) to your signature, it will help us give better comments, and save us from providing answers for the different versions as they have different capabilities.