What's not working? I've done it in Pro and Chief Premier.

1 hour ago, solver said:

What's not working? I've done it in Pro and Chief Premier.

Hi Eric - I'm at a complete loss for why it's not working on my end. I've attached photos that portray the sequence of steps I've taken to adjust the height of the pony wall. As you can see in the photos, the wall does not change in height at all. And I downloaded the file which you're using (ie. the one I uploaded to the forum earlier) just to be sure I was using the same file as you. I really do appreciate the time you've taken to help me resolve this issue. :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Did you notice the difference between how things look in my video and how they look on your system?

I don't know why -- might be a problem with Pro 2018. Are you current with updates?

9 minutes ago, solver said:

Did you notice the difference between how things look in my video and how they look on your system?

I don't know why -- might be a problem with Pro 2018. Are you current with updates?

Unfortunately, I didn't notice a difference. I'm current with updates as well.

Something I just tried was changing the types of wall structures (brick, siding, ECF, etc.) used in both the upper and lower wall sections of the pony walls. It turns out that the pony wall behaves correctly with any of those wall types. However, if I use any of the railing settings for the upper wall section, it appears to display the railing in the lower section, and does change in height regardless of the height values I assign it.

I have a feeling that a pony wall with a railing on top was a new feature in 2019. I can't keep up with all the changes ...

You will need to add one more floor and an Open Below room for the railing. Make sense?

• Upvote 1

YES!
Architectural 2018 has the same problem, but I didn't realize that Pro 2018 also had that problem.

Here's the fix:
Open the wall, to the rail style tab.  Raise the bottom rail to 16" (If that's what you want).
Then get a closed box shape from the library.  Set it's height to 16", resize it's depth, and control/drag it under the railing.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

YES!
Architectural 2018 has the same problem, but I didn't realize that Pro 2018 also had that problem.

Here's the fix:
Open the wall, to the rail style tab.  Raise the bottom rail to 16" (If that's what you want).
Then get a closed box shape from the library.  Set it's height to 16", resize it's depth, and control/drag it under the railing.

Yay!! It finally worked! I'm very grateful to both you and Eric for the extensive feedback and eventually figuring out the software problem with HD Pro 2018, and how to work around the pony wall railing issue! :)  On a personal note, I'm thinking of upgrading my software to avoid the pony wall glitch in the future.

9.jpg

And if you still want to lower the floor of the widow's walk, you only need to do this.

Oops.  Looks like you already did that.

image.thumb.png.6e55b4099da3a2af190a9c3bead7fbd2.png

Here's a better pic of the stairs.

image.thumb.png.d68eee42e9214547c7b78656ff8fc395.png

35 minutes ago, Jo_Ann said:

Here's a better pic of the stairs.

image.thumb.png.d68eee42e9214547c7b78656ff8fc395.png

Thanks - that helps me visualize the access needed to reach the walk!