Sign in to follow this  
BackCountryRob

Material Column ID in Drawings

Still figuring it out; but haven't had any luck researching the forum or youtube videos....

What I'm trying to do is have a view of the first column image.thumb.png.794860bef2d6279fd69c2fbce0341c13.png (GN1, GN2, GN3) to show on a display on the corresponding walls its refrences... any way to do that besides using the "find in object" and adding text? These are the walls for (GN1) and it would be a handy feature to have a material ID as a drawing view. image.thumb.png.2e8455c24cfc292d908531709d8ec474.png

No idea what you are describing.

13 minutes ago, BackCountryRob said:

What I'm trying to do is have a view of the first column image.thumb.png.794860bef2d6279fd69c2fbce0341c13.png (GN1, GN2, GN3) to show on a display on the corresponding walls its refrences

The three walls are ID'd as GN1, GN2, GN3 in the materials list.  The second pic shows the walls for GN1.

What I'd like to achieve is having a view where the GN1 walls are ID'd in a drawing view. ie, each of four GN1 walls have the GN1 label as reflected from the materials list. like this:

image.thumb.png.83383577680ee805098bdf7062c429db.png

53 minutes ago, BackCountryRob said:

any way to do that besides using the "find in object" and adding text?

That's the only way that I know.

Be aware that these IDs may change so I'd only do this when the plan is complete.

• Like 1

If you Right Click the first column cell your're referring to, you can select "find object in plan" and it will highlight all of the colors. Couple other options in that right click menu as well