House roof has both a hip and Dutch hip (or gable) end

gatorgrabber

The roof of my existing home is predominately hip but also has a Dutch hip (gable) on one end of the house. Odd, but there's a vaulted ceiling involved. Anyhow, I've made a decent enough drawing of the house in HDPro 2020 but I'm stuck getting the roof drawn correctly in that one area. While this really doesn't make that big a difference, the OC side of my nature won't stand for it! ;-) I've been searching but haven't hit the magic answer yet. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm currently using HD Pro 2020.

If you will open your software, open a plan and then double-click on your "Build Roof" tool icon and then open the "Roof Styles" tab, there you will find articles (tutorials) on how to build such roofs (including the Dutch Gable") in your software. I recommend that you study the roof styles and then practice creating them in a simple test plan (just a rectangle of walls to practice with) to make sure you are competent in your new knowledge before creating that in your main plan.

DJP

I have taught Seminar classes for Chief Architect Inc. I myself have never attended a class. I taught myself how to use Chief Premier by reading the Reference Manual a little at a time and then practicing what I studied in practice sessions after the study. If I could demonstrate to myself I really could produce or get the intended result or product was my sole source of "Quality Control" of that study and I never failed to get defined any words or symbols I came across that I had any attention on at all what so ever (if you do not fully understand the words, in the context they are being used to communicate practical actions, then you will not afterward be able to demonstrate any competence with those studied tools).

DJP