Eye brow

Evolution

I want eye brow roof over hang on windows that do not build out but actually continue the wall line, if that makes sense. I used invisible walls to form an imaginary room, made the horizontal wall full gable. It looks good except for the floor shows. I attempted no locate, no room default etc. I figure I have to open the dbx of the invisible walls and check/uncheck something to make the floor and foundation go away, but I don't find anything when I attempt to open the space/imaginary room?

post-30-0-00409100-1416859038_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-28226400-1416859369_thumb.jpg

(How are you creating the eyebrow roof?)<br /><br />I am using the automatic roof tool for now, building a small bumped out room with invisible walls set the horizontal wall as full gable, in order to get the roof to bump out over the area where the windows will be.

Hi Eric,

What you're asking about can be done in Pro using the manual roof tools and auto-rebuild roof option off, but it takes a fair bit of work.  You would start with a dormer, as you suggested, then explode and relocate it, then modify the attaching roof plane to fit.  I did it once or twice in a project several years ago (Pro 8 or 10) that began with a barrel roof dormer; the finished product ended with limited success.

Good luck. :)

Hi Bob , is it a gable roof you want over the window or and eyebrow (curved roof) like Eric shows in his pic, I'm not quite clear on what  you want ?.

But to get a standard gable over any window, there is a tool on each window's right click menu or icon on the edit toolbar once the window is selected that does that automatically no roof tools or invisible walls needed , you can adjust the gable size etc after it is placed manually if desired too.

unfortunately at least in Pro10 the tool only does gables.....

M

post-25-0-08643700-1417066606_thumb.jpg