Raised Ranch

CoachRob14

Put in your grade so you have a reference point. It is done by setting a distance below floor 1. In your case, would probably be whatever the basement level is, then 4" lower possibly to allow for the step down often needed. Then since the garage is its own room, you can drop the level of that to grade. Or if you don't want to have the garage defaults take over, leave the room defined as a "basement" and change the display to show "garage". Then when you open that one room you can drop the floor lower to meet grade.

So final step...

Entrance way stairs  No idea even where to begin-  how do you start a staircase, inside of a doorway that is technically suspended between two floors?  It's almost like I need to create a separate "floor" just for this entrance way.  

Floor3.PNG

just don't know how I create a "floor" in that one spot, that doesn't span the length of the entire house!

Also, I already dedicated "Floor 1" to be the living area-  with this idea, I will need to call that "floor 2".  How the heck do I transfer everything I did on "floor 1" and now label it as floor 2?

ughhh

The software, and general public use floor to be what you stand on, and as the level of the structure -- ground floor, 1st floor etc.

Imagine your 1st floor has the same floor (standing on) level everywhere. Now you want to drop a section of that floor down so that it aligns with the front door.

The other part of that space will be Open Below to make room for the stairs to the basement.

• Like 1

Rooms control floor and ceilings heights, so create a room -- use a Room Divider wall, where you want the landing.

Then give the floor in that room a negative value so it moves down and aligns with the door.

Getting so much closer!!!!

I was able to drop the floor in that one location!!!  I think I dropped it to 96".  And I was able to use the glass house view to align the front entrance door in correlation.   Now, when I try to "open up the stairwell", I am getting a message that it "can not find the floor above"?

Stairs1.PNG

Wow

I can't believe it.  I FINALLY got what I was looking for!!!   I am sure there are flaws in it!  I am sure the dimensions are not proper or possibly not realistic- I don't know how it affected walls to the left or right, or the bottom level where there should be storage under this stairwell.  But i FINALLY got a raised ranch stairwell!!  Well, at least half of it.  I need to work on the other side that goes down into the lower level.

I dropped the floor (Floor C) to 84"-  I'm not sure if that is "building realistic", but it seemed to do the trick!

Stairs3.PNG