YankeeBob

Railing and elevation questions

Recommended Posts

Take a look at the PDF I uploaded.  A few problems that are probably the result of my errors...

First:  The railing on the steps is all the way at the edge.  I need to set them in by 8" as I need them to be centered on the columns to be attached.

Second:  I then need to add a railing between the columns and the house but when I use railings to create porch I can't get the correct size and locations for them.

Third:  I have a couple of areas that show as open areas at the corner of the building to the porch and another one between the steps and the porch.

 

Suggestions?

 

Souder_garage_addition_mod_2E.plan

Souder garage addition mod 2E.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, YankeeBob said:

First:  The railing on the steps is all the way at the edge.  I need to set them in by 8" as I need them to be centered on the columns to be attached.

 

Use 3 sets of stairs, center with railing, outside ones no railing.

 

13 minutes ago, YankeeBob said:

Second:  I then need to add a railing between the columns and the house but when I use railings to create porch I can't get the correct size and locations for them.

 

Not sure what you are after, but you can make the wall wider to change where the railing builds.

 

You can also draw a railing -- like in the middle of the porch, mark it No Room Definition, then position it wherever you want.

 

16 minutes ago, YankeeBob said:

Third:  I have a couple of areas that show as open areas at the corner of the building to the porch and another one between the steps and the porch.

 

What are you going to do at the top of the railing? Right now it's hanging in mid air.

 

Change the porch to have a room type of Porch.

 

------

You have some roof problems that auto rebuild should fix.

 

And please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. You can use the Windows Snipping Tool to take a screen capture.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now