Sign in to follow this  
ggoner

Clear Print Preview screen

I have Home Designer Suite 2019. How do I clear the print preview screen and return to design view? Tutorial says to press Alt + F2. That does not work.

Thanks,

ggoner

I see you said Suite, but ...

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Alt-F2 is a toggle. It gets you into Print preview, then out.

How is it working for you?

Alt F2 does not get me out of print preview.. Thus the post to find out how. I have finished printing and wish to return to design view. I even closed the file and it still displays the page layout when reopened.

Doc2.docx

Sorry. the screen image file was no good. Here is a gif of the screen. You can see the print page with the shaded edge. The whole background should be white in design mode, and the design does not inclule a page border.

Screen01.gif

I got it. Had to go into Drawing Sheet Setup and uncheck Show Drawing Sheet in View. The tutorial did not mention the behavior of this checkbox.