BiggadaChief

house separate from garage + deck

I want to have a house separated from the garage, and a deck between the two. When I try drawing in the deck, HA combines the roofs of the house and the garage! How do I prevent this?

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Do you want a roof over the deck?

You will need to tell us more about what you are trying to do for anyone to help.

Adding images, drawings etc, and even your plan file will give others something to work with.

I don't want a roof over the deck! The house and the garage have separate roofs. Just two boxes side by side, with a deck in between them! The deck extends past the two boxes on the back side of the house, and forms a T shape, expanding the width of the house and the garage.

How's THIS for a diagram?

H = house, D = deck, G = garage

HDG

DDD

Do you have Roof Over This Room checked for the deck room?