Specific Printout Needed

1ucieAlfie

Home Designer Architectural 2017 Build 18.3.2.2x64

Windows 10

Hi,

I am building two large extensions using SIPS (Structurally Insulated Panel System) and need to send specific plans to the SIPS producers.

Basically I need prints showing side views of each wall showing the exact positions of the windows ie showing external dimensions including door and window labels and positions on a side view.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible please or do I need to get out the ruler and pencil ?

Kind regards

Deborah

I have helped several people design SIP homes and NONE of them were required to do as you describe above. All the SIP companies I have dealt with have their own draftspeople and Structural Engineers to do this for you. Be that as it may (all companies are not equal), you should be able to do this using Architectural, an elevation camera per exterior wall, your 2D CAD tools (test, dimensions, and text) to annotate each elevation. There is not automated routine in Architectural, so this is purely a manual job.

DJP

Hi David,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

We live in France and the SIPS suppliers are in England so we have to supply all the plans. Bit of a fiasco but we have been unable to find someone over here to provide what we require.

As I said, many thanks for the help.

Kind regards

Deborah

You may want to consider another supplier. All of my experiences have been only in the USA. It appears this outfit wants just your money and offers only what they offer. Such a project should not be only on your shoulders, it seems to me that want only your money and are willing to take no responsibility for any outcomes. Smells fishy to me, so buyer beware is all I say.

DJP