Please help me with my footing that won't line up!

ElkRivers

Hello all-

I am a new Home Designer user.  I use Home Designer Pro 2018.

I am trying to draw a basement wall that steps down to a walkout at one side.  I mostly got it figured out.  Then I changed my wall type to have 2" exterior insulation (required in this part of MN).  I wanted the 8" block wall to sit off center 2" in from the center of the footing to accommodate the insulation.  Since making that change, I now have a jog in the footing where I change from full height basement wall to where the pony wall step down starts (this is in the sitting room on the basement level in my plan).  This jog shouldn't be there, but I can't get rid of it!

I also can't get the whole footing to show up off center like I'd like on these two block walls.  I don't think this is a big deal, since I show in my detail that it is off-center, but I'd like to know how to do it correctly, as most of my projects will probably require this detail.

Is anyone able to help me?  I'd appreciate any help!  

Thanks so much!

Karen

Bunn_Remodel_2018.plan

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 8.08.23 AM.png

I believe you could just draw in your own footing too -- a bit of manual work is the trade off for using Pro.

It's a big jump, but it sounds like you are using Pro in a business, and you will find so many things in Chief that help you get your job done better and faster.

They have a rent to own program, and usually credit your purchase of Pro towards the outright purchase price of Chief.

People sometimes offer Chief for sale on ChiefTalk, although rarely at a good price, it might be worth watching.

Delete the short wall segment your call out is pointing to, select the wall next to your call out, then grab the "Same Wall Type Edit Handles" at the end of that wall (the little diamond symbol) and drag it to meet up with the existing wall end. This creates a wall with the same settings as the longer remaining wall and fixes your footing.

step 1.JPG

step 2.JPG

Step 3.JPG