Printing and Exporting

mkalavitz

Hello,

So my primary purpose for this software was to use it to design and layout my small business inside of a new pole barn that I am going to put up this spring/summer.

I have laid it all out pretty good and now am going to have a meeting my Architect tomorrow to go over my concept and I would like to give him a hard copy and/or file to take with him.

I am wondering the best way to print this in large format so all dimensions, etc. are legible.  I am going to call some local print shops (Kinkos/FedEx, OfficeMax or similar) in the morning to see how large they can print.  I am hoping for at least 'C' side drawing paper.

What and how would you recommend that I set this up for a large scale print such as 'C' size?  I would like to set the paper size for 'C' size and window in on the area that I want printed so it is maximized on the paper.  

Also, what file type would you recommend for a Architect?  .DXF?

Thanks for the advice.

Mike

There are articles in the Knowledge Base, as well as videos you will find helpful.

Here is a thread giving some good info on printing to a larger paper size.

I'd call the Architect and ask about file formats. They will likely redraw anyway, but may find some value in what you have done.

Thank you.  Yes, this is exactly what I am on to.

I have set up a 17" x 22" sheet (C-size).  Now trying to scale to max size of the paper and center on the paper.

Yes, the Architect will certainly start with a 'clean sheet'.  I just want to be sure I get him as much legible information as I can so it is easier for him.

Thanks

Mike