Specialty Storage

KLSmith

Hi I am on Home Designer Suite 2017. I am trying to design a dry bar. I have a wine refrigerator at the end of a run of base cabinets, but I cannot figure out how to have the counter top extend over it, since I cannot put the fridge in a base cabinet. Also, I have a wall cabinet over the wine fridge that is 18" high and sits on where the counter should be (36" AFF) and I would like to make it a wine rack. The wine rack in the library browser shows as being in in the plan view, but it doesn't show in the full camera view.

I also want to put in a mail sorter that would be on top of the counters and under the upper cabinets (36" AFF and 18" high). Anyone have any ideas on how to make this happen?

Thanks!!!!

You could make an open cabinet and should be able to slide the refrigerator into it.

ht1.thumb.jpg.4188ed2f26b0f4c76f5a8261d6e82484.jpg

Use a soffit, shape it to form a countertop and place it over the refrigerator.

Use a base cabinet that is 1-1/2" tall so only the countertop remains.

The wine racks in the library insert into a cabinet, or you can place one by itself (shown on left cabinet), but you will need add a box around it.

There are wine rack cabinets in the library too. You could use one of these, remove the countertop (or change the countertop), and toe kick, then place it on top of another cabinet/countertop (shown on right).

ht2.thumb.jpg.41ca2ca1f6025c7d91be83e5f725e06c.jpg

Thanks - this is helpful.  I tried to do the wine rack by putting a wall cabinet on top of the base cabinet counter. I could never get the face of the wine rack on the front of the box. It was labeled that it was on there, but it never showed in the camera view.