Editing Floor Plan View

I'm designing a Sunroom, which has a variety of rectilinear windows and sliders that consumes all four walls. I've programmed one wall as a gable wall so I can add an arched window above the rectilinear windows (South wall). One problem I'm running into with is when I view the Sunroom in plan view I see both the rectilinear windows and the arched windows, which looks really messy. Technically, I shouldn't see the arched window because it's above 4'-0", which is the "cut line" for a floor plan. Does anyone know if it's possible to hide the arched window in plan view? With that in mind, does anyone know how to hide the roof outline as well? I only want to view the floor plan. I've attached a picture for your reference. You can clearly see the roof line, as well as the messy view of the arched windows overtop the rectilinear windows (South end of the Sunroom).

Thanks guys.

Chelsea

P.S. This is my first project working in Home Design Architectural.

Sunroom_Question.JPG

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) Review Layer Display Options to learn how to turn the display of things on and off.

3) How did you place your arched window?

This is what I see.

Snap10.thumb.jpg.3e67c56023e5c71594413f52f60558f7.jpg

But I could also see this.

Snap11.thumb.jpg.75fb92648306098af04a2ac67569b4a2.jpg

It depends on how you place the upper window.

Place it up in the attic part of the gable, then move as needed, it shows on the attic level, place it on the 1st floor and move up, it shows on the first floor.

4 hours ago, 3307613100 said:

Technically, I shouldn't see the arched window because it's above 4'-0", which is the "cut line" for a floor plan.

This is new to me. Are you suggesting windows above 4' are not shown on a floor plan?

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

What I do when I have transom windows is to stagger the window labels , depending upon what software title you have the window labels should be selectable in plan view and left-click-select-dragged so that they are not on top of each other so anyone can then see that there are stacked windows and what size they are.

DJP