2D rendered plan

Sylvia

Hi everyone! 

A question on rendering...I would need to have my 2D plan rendered, i.e. with floor finishes and furniture textures & patterns (like the joint picture). 

I know I can get a similar result by using a Doll House view and positioning the camera exactly over the 3D model, but some depth remains visible in this way so it's not a sufficient substitute for my case.  

I'm working on Home Design Software (Suite Version)

Anyone having the same issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much and have a great day!

Sylvia

plan 15.36.53.jpg

A 3D application like Home Designer creates fully 3D views using its camera tools. It feels like you want an more artistic looking 2D plan view. Home Designer does what it is designed to do. You might consider looking at other CAD programs like ArchiCAD, Softplan, Vector Works and others but you will also be spending a lot more on the applications than you have for Suite. I would guess that you are an Interior Decorator, most builders, developers, remodelers (the mainstream of those who use Chief Architect and Home Designer) are more interested in simple plans, details and elevations.

DJP

• Upvote 1

Hi David,

and thank you very much for replying. 

I was indeed trying to understand if this is something that Home Design can do as well or not. I will keep on using it for its 3D views then.

Thanks for clarifying and have a good day!
Sylvia